Virtual Conference Starting October 6
We're going all in by raising awareness through education
A virtual conference featuring a series of educational webinars will launch soon to help you learn to live confidently and comfortably with an ostomy—or learn what you can do to support a loved one who has an ostomy.
Sign up now for a reminder
How to Use the Peristomal Skin Assessment Guide for Consumers, In partnership with the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society (WOCN)
Presented by Laurie McNichol, MSN, RN, CNS, GNP, CWOCN, CWON-AP, FAAN and joined by Christine Kim, ileostomate since 1994 and Founder of OstomyConnection.
In this session, you will learn how to use this free, easy to use, web-based tool that will:
- Help identify common skin problems
- Provide next steps for care of management
- Prompt when it is appropriate to seek care from a healthcare professional.
Scratching the Surface of Peristomal Itching: The Invisible Peristomal Skin Concern, In coordination with United Ostomy Associations of America (UOAA)
In Part 1 of a two-part series, you will learn about:
- Healthy skin and skin complications around the stoma
- Itching with and without visible complications
- The role of the skin barrier in maintaining skin health
Digging Deeper into Peristomal Itching: The Invisible Peristomal Skin Concern, In coordination with United Ostomy Associations of America (UOAA)
In Part 2 of the series, we will discuss:
- How itching is a very real issue
- How itching can affect your quality of life and cost of care
- Some evidence of how ostomy skin barriers that are infused with an ingredient called ceramide may help
It Begins with Skin: A Global Perspective
Healthy skin around the stoma is key to living comfortably with an ostomy. Watch the video and see the difference healthy skin can make.