Website Privacy Notice
Hollister Incorporated and its subsidiaries around the world, including the entity identified in the section Contact Information below (such entity referred to as “Hollister”, "we", "our" and "us"), is committed to protecting and safeguarding the privacy of our associates, end-users, customers, and other business partners. This policy provides information about how we process personal information that may be provided to us by you, in particular in connection with use of this website (and all of its related subsites) (“Website”) or when you interact with us directly, such as by calling or emailing us.
The entity responsible for this Website is Hollister Incorporated, 2000 Hollister Drive, Libertyville, Illinois 60048.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about or in connection with this Privacy Notice, please contact us by using one of the following methods:
To contact our Chief Data Protection Counsel:
2000 Hollister Drive, Libertyville, Illinois, USA, 60048
Processing your personal information
Hollister collects personal information, which is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you, directly from you when you voluntary provide such information for a particular purpose, for example, when you order product samples, send an inquiry or request advice on the utilization or choice of a product or service. We may also collect personal information about you from third parties such as your healthcare professional so that we can provide you with service, advice or product assistance.
Hollister does not seek to collect or request personal information from children under the age of 16. Consent to provide us with personal information of a child under the age of 16 must be provided to us by the parent or legal guardian of that child.
We may transfer your personal information to certain third party partners, such as other Hollister companies in our corporate group (a list of such companies can be found here) , third party service providers who process data on our behalf as necessary for the provision of products and services (if you are an end-user, in some cases this may include your nurse, doctor, healthcare product supplier, or other healthcare professional to help them address your condition), and governmental authorities, courts, external advisors, and similar third parties as required or permitted by applicable law. Unless as described in this policy, Hollister will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties. Any access to your personal data at Hollister is restricted to those individuals who have a need to know it in order to fulfill their job responsibilities.
You may choose not to provide certain types of personal information to us, unless the provision of that personal information is required for the purpose for which it is being collected (for example, as necessary to respond to an inquiry received from you). However, if you choose not to provide certain types of personal information, our ability to provide you with the products or services you have requested, and your ability to make use of the Website or its features and services, may be affected.
We may process your personal information in the following situations:
- To allow you to use our Website. When you visit the Website, Hollister collects personal information for administration, operation, maintenance (including maintenance of security), and improvement of the Website. Information collected includes Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, name of internet service provider, and other types of computer and connection related information relevant to identifying your type of device, connecting to the Website, enabling data exchange with you and your device, and ensuring a convenient use of the Website; Uniform Resource Locator (URL) and IP address of the website from which you accessed, or were directed to, our Website, including date and time; Subpages visited while on our Website, links followed on the Website, including date, time, and duration; and the full URL click stream to, through and from the Website, including date and time. Such information is stored for the purpose of compiling statistical information (such as visitor numbers, page clicks, download numbers, number of video views) about the use of this Website. See also “Information about cookies and other technology” below for more information on the technology Hollister uses.
- Analytics and customer research. When you visit the Website, Hollister collects personal information for performance of analytics and conducting customer research related to the use of the Website, including general market research or surveying our customers' needs and opinions on specific issues, generating traffic patterns, and analyzing advertising effectiveness, both on an anonymous basis (e.g., by aggregating data) or on an individual basis in order to tailor our Website and our services and products to the needs of our customers. Personal information collected includes IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, and other types of computer and connection related information relevant to identifying your type of device, connecting to the Website, enabling data exchange with you and your device, and ensuring a convenient use of the Website; URL and IP address of the website from which you accessed, or were directed to, our Website, including date and time; subpages visited while on our Website, links followed on the Website, including date, time, and duration; search terms entered; services/products viewed or searched for on the Website; consents, authorizations, etc. granted; user profile information (for registered users); and survey answers, reviews, ratings and other types of feedback provided.
- To provide you with product samples. We collect personal information to provide you with samples of our products if requested by you through forms provided in sections of this Website and/or in other contexts, such as when calling customer service or attending an event. This service may also include advice and/or recommendations regarding our products and services, including follow-up calls to see how the samples worked for you. We also use your personal information in this context for market analysis purposes. Personal information collected for this purpose includes name, address, email and/or telephone number, and if you are an end-user, information about your health, including your medical condition which results in your use of a Hollister product.
- To respond to your requests regarding our products and services. We collect personal information to respond to your questions, requests and inquiries regarding our products and/or services made through forms provided in sections of this Website and/or in other contexts, such as when calling customer service or attending an event. Personal information collected for this purpose includes name, address, email and/or telephone number, content of any communication sent through the Website (e.g., by sending questions, inquiries, and requests via the Website’s contact form), and if you are an end-user, information about your health, including your medical condition which results in your interest in a Hollister product.
- To provide you with information about our products and services (direct marketing). We collect personal information to communicate with you about products and services that may be of interest to you performed through traditional mail, email, and newsletter channels, including periodically sending promotional materials on products, services, and promotions of Hollister products (direct marketing) as requested by you through forms provided in sections of this Website and/or in other contexts, such as when calling customer service or attending an event. Personal information processed for this purpose includes name, address, email address, and telephone and mobile phone number. If you are an end-user of our products, we will also collect and process information about your health, including your medical condition which results in your use of a Hollister product.
- Your access to registered areas. We collect personal information to provide you with exclusive member-only content, services, and opportunities for interactive communication.
- To request that you provide us with information about yourself, or about our products and services. We collect personal information to contact you to ask you questions about our products and/or services, including for participation in surveys, product or service evaluations, and/or clinical trial activities as permitted by you through forms provided in sections of this Website and/or in other contexts, such as when calling customer service or attending an event.. Depending on the individual case, we may also ask you to share your experiences, including personal stories and case studies. The information you share will be used for the following purposes: product design and development, internal and external marketing, and training/education. Personal information collected for this purpose includes name, address, email address, telephone and mobile phone number, information that you enter on, or upload to, the Website (e.g., content that you fill into an online form, a photo that you upload), and consents, authorizations, etc. granted. Personal information may also include information about your background, health
- To identify potential business opportunities. We collect personal information to evaluate and perform certain business opportunities, including new product development ideas and potential business, product, or service acquisitions as identified by you through forms provided in sections of this Website and/or in other contexts such as by contacting us directly. Personal information collected for this purpose includes name, address, email address, telephone and mobile phone number, content of any communication sent through the Website (e.g., by filling out a contact or suggestion form).
- When you apply for a position within Hollister. We collect personal information to determine your suitability for the position you are applying for as part of the application process based on the application provided by you through forms provided in sections of this Website and/or in other contexts, such as by participating in a career fair or responding to a job advertisement. We also collect your personal information for this purpose from our various recruitment agencies with whom we partner to fill employment positions. Your decision to provide us with any personal information in this context is voluntarily; however, if you do not provide certain information, we may not be able to process your application or other requests you may have with respect to your potential employment with Hollister. The information you provide to us will be used to contact you to provide you information about job positions and market news about Hollister and in the event you apply for a position, to process your application. When applying for a position, you will have the opportunity to specify whether you want the information you provide to be shared with Hollister recruiters worldwide, only Hollister recruiters in your country of residence, or only Hollister recruiters managing the specific positions to which you apply.
- To comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise and/or defend legal claims. In some cases we are required to process personal information in compliance with legal obligations, prevention of unlawful uses of the Website, resolving disputes, protection of our property rights, enforcement of our agreements and to establish, exercise and defend legal claims. Personal information processed for this purpose will relate to the specific obligation or legal claim.
Information about cookies and other technology
When you use the Website, we send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits of our website. Your web browser may provide you with some options regarding cookies. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of the services provided via the Website to their fullest potential. We use third party cookies in connection with the services provided via the Website as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. We do not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit our Website or use the services provided via our Website.
Applicability and changes to this Privacy Notice
We may revise this Privacy Notice at any time by modifying this page. You should check this policy from time to time to be informed of any changes, as they are binding on you. This policy was last updated in October 2018.